If you know me well, you will know that winter is my favourite season. I love being cold. To me, there is nothing better than rugging up on a cold winter’s day (with a coffee in-hand of course). Winter gives me life, and surely I am not the only one!
I am sure it comes as no surprise to you then, that I find summer a challenging season to dress for. My hate for the heat and humidity dampens my enthusiasm towards summer fashion, because here in Melbourne, temperatures can reach over 40 degrees celsius, which is NOT fun (well at least not for me)!
This summer I decided to be a bit more adventurous than usual. I embraced the challenge of making summer fashion fun by tracking online fashion trends, both within and outside of Australia, and doing some window shopping around city streets too.
From my “research” and fine-tuning my own personal preferences, I decided that my summer wardrobe would comprise of simple, cross-seasonal pieces, with a pop of colour here and there!
So, with summer coming to an end, I thought I would take a look back at some of my favourite fashion moments this past season. I will also leave links below each outfit, as some of these items may still be available in store. I also filmed a YouTube video on each of these days in the style of a VLOG, so I will leave the links to those below each image too.
Boots: Stuart Weitzman
Top: Manning Cartell
Pants: J BRAND
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman
In summary, I would say my summer wardrobe has been characterised by:
- Black denim – I wore my J Brand black denim jeans a lot, as well as my Topshop overalls/dungarees.
- T-shirts – These never fail, as you can wear them across seasons.
- Dresses – Over the years I have collected some beautiful summer dresses, but this year I added a new Topshop red dress into the collection. The best part? It was $60!
- Comfortable shoes – When it comes to casual shoes, I always opt for comfort, even if this means paying that bit extra, at least I know I will not be burdened with blisters. This season I rotated between my Stuart Weitzman sandals, and my Gucci Sneakers.
- Hats – Summer has certainly seen the comeback of the baker boy hat. I bought two of these hats from Topshop, one in navy and one in black, because from what I have seen from overseas fashion online, these hats will be winter wardrobe essentials too! Who does not love sun protection and style in one?!
As summer has now turned to autumn, I am looking forward to seeing new and emerging fashion trends. I would love to know what your summer fashion essentials have been. Leave a comment below and let me know. It will certainly give me some inspiration for next year!
Chelsea Elizabeth xx
P.S. All these pictures have been posted on my Instagram, so if you would like to keep updated with my style across all four seasons, follow me here!